Happy Living: Survey Reveals 15 Happiest Cities
Are you in a happy place? Healthways and Gallup wanted to find out the well-being of cities across the country.
The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index measures Americans’ perceptions of physical and emotional health, healthy behaviors, work environment, social and community factors, financial security, and access to necessities such as food, shelter, and healthcare. Gallup conducted 500 telephone interviews daily in 2013 with Americans nationwide to gather their perceptions of well-being.
In the “State of American Well-Being” report, the following cities came out on top for happiness:
- Provo-Orem, Utah
- Boulder, Colo.
- Fort Collins-Loveland, Colo.
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.
- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Naples-Marco Island, Fla.
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, Calif.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.
- Lincoln, Neb.
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, D.C.-Va.-Md.-W.Va.
- Bellingham, Wash.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minn.-Wis.
- Portland-South Portland-Biddeford, Maine
- Billings, Mont.