Clean, Lean, and Green
Clean, Lean, and Green
Whole Home Efficiency Program by EDGEhomes
As we look towards the future, more and more home builders are looking for ways to lessen their impact on the environment. We at EDGEhomes want to do our part and have been since the very beginning. In fact, throughout the state we’ve implemented our time-tested, Whole Home Efficiency Program, to each of our homes and communities for complete home efficiency.
Looking towards our goal of building environmentally-conscious homes and communities, our Whole Home Efficiency Program targets four key systems and sixteen green-friendly features and appliances. These systems include healthy indoor air, complete energy efficiency, quality third-party inspections, and water conservation. Let’s look at each feature and how it helps EDGEhomes stick to our environmental commitment.
Healthy Indoor Air
Each of our homes offers healthy indoor air with energy efficient fans, moisture-resistant drywall, and proper ventilation. Along with these features, our UV-resistant windows reduce harmful rays and our plumbing piping uses non-corrosive materials that prevent moisture and leakage.
Complete Energy Efficiency
All of our EDGEhomes communities and homes offer the highest level of energy efficiency with a Home Energy Rating System. In order to get this level of efficiency we use the best appliances and techniques on the market which include:
- Professional-grade appliances that offer performance, looks, and energy efficiency.
- “Low E” windows that reduce heat transfer and UV radiation waves.
- LED lighting that uses far less energy and lasts ten times longer.
- Advanced 2×6 framing that optimizes insulation efficiency.
- Fiberglass insulation that prevents air leakage.
- HVAC and duct system that maximizes comfort and lower energy use-which means friendlier energy bills.
- Sealed ducts that prevent wasteful air leaks.
- Programmable thermostat that consistently sets personalized heating and cooling-even when you’re not home.
- Super sealing designed to reduce heating/cooling costs.
- RainBuster Window Flashing that prevents building envelope leaks and blocks water/moisture from entering your home.
Quality Third Party Inspections
When you buy an EDGEhome, you get a top-level inspection with our quality third-party inspections. From the framing to the Final Quality Assurance inspection, our entire home-building process includes continuous inspection. These third-party, unbiased inspections focus on the home’s core elements that include:
- Individually Engineered Foundation
- Structural Framing
- Advanced 2×6 Framing
- Pre-Drywall and Post-Insulation Inspection
- Sheathing, Sealing, and Flashing Inspections
- Sampling Energy Audits
- Pre- and Post- Foundation, Framing, and Shear Wall Inspections
- Duct Blaster Testing Checks
- Final Quality Assurance Inspection
Each of these inspections is aimed at ensuring our homeowners get the peace of mind that need to know that everything has been tested time and time again.
Keep the water flowing without any of that extra waste thanks to our water conservation features and appliances. These include:
- Tankless Water Heater that conserves water resources while generating lower utility costs.
- Water-Saving Faucets, Shower Heads, and Toilets in all bathrooms.
- Eco-Friendly Dishwashers that save money and provide more rinse coverage with the same amount of water needed.
Why Work with EDGEhomes?
Working with EDGEhomes offers you a cost-saving, energy-efficient, top-of-the-line home you’ll stay in for the long haul. Stick with a home builder like EDGEhomes and you’ll discover why environmentally homes are the way of the future. Contact one of our agents to visit one of our award-winning communities and see why EDGEhomes is Utah’s number one home builder